Please share with your students:
Flames Flix: Movie on the Lawn featuring Incredibles 1 & 2 | September 19
Students can join us on University Hall’s Lawn at 6:00pm for an outdoor screening of Incredibles 1 & 2. Free admission and free snacks are provided! This is an opportunity for students to unwind and relax from the first few weeks of the semester. Students are encouraged to bring their own blankets. Seating starts at 6:00pm, and the Incredibles 1 at 6:30pm, and the Incredible 2 at 9:00pm
Fraternity & Sorority Life (FSL) Fall Recruitment
We’re in the middle of FSL Fall Recruitment here at UIC. As a student who is interesting in joining, it is an exciting time to consider what is important for you personally as you seek the strongest fit and an authentic sense of belonging. An open series of events will offer you as a potential new member the opportunity to get to know students in each organization and ask mutually beneficial questions about a lifelong commitment to supporting fraternal values.
The process to explore membership options in a fraternity or sorority is known as recruitment. During the recruitment period, active members in fraternities and sororities actively seek out new members who have values that align with those of the organization. Please thoroughly review our Recruitment Guide and additional calendar of events to engage fully and take advantage of all opportunities: http://fsl.uic.edu/how-to-join/dates/.
- Latino Greek Council (LGC) Recruitment begins tomorrow (9/17/2018) from 3pm – 5 pm in the Quad. Meet representatives from all nine LGC fraternities and sororities!
- The Collegiate Panhellenic Council – UIC (CPC) starts their recruitment this Thursday, September 20th, and you must be present for all events through the 23rd. To sign up for women’s CPC recruitment, visit: uic.edu/joincpc
- On Wednesday, September 19, Greek Pan Asian American Council (GPAAC) welcomes alumni back to campus and shares how FSL made an impact on their lives. It’s not too late to learn more about the FSL community. Join GPAAC at 5:30pm on Wednesday and Thursday in Student Center East 605.
- National PanHellenic Council (NPHC) will host an event next week Thursday with Black Student Union. Join NPHC and BSU to learn more about our black Greek lettered organizations and the member intake process.
Student Organization Registration Workshop | September 20
This is the 2018-2019 Late/New Registration workshop – RSVP required.
Flames in the City:
Flames in the City [FITC] is our premiere Chicago program for our UIC students, faculty, staff, and alumni. We get to explore this great city’s museums, special events, Chicago Champions, and attractions. We have learned from and been transformed by the rich diversity of our surrounding communities. We have some wonderful programs this year!
- Chicago White Sox vs. Cleveland Indians| September 25
- $12 per ticket
- Chicago Blackhawks vs. Ottawa Senators | September 27
- $20 per ticket
Flames Student Employee Symposium | September 24-25
The Flames Student Employee Symposium features the following topics: as customer service, workplace norms, networking, and self-care in a busy work environment. Food will be provided. Student employees will be paid for their attendance. Student employees must register to attend by Friday, September 21, 2018, 5:00 pm at: https://uic.campuslabs.com/engage/submitter/form/start/194603
- Monday, September 24, 2018, 4:00 pm – 8:00 pm
- Tuesday, September 25, 2018, 4:00 am – 8:00 pm
- Illinois Room, Student Center East
National Voter Registration Day | September 25
Join SLCE and the Honors College in the Quad/Lecture Center Plaza for National Voter Registration Day! Participants can register to vote, apply for an absentee ballot, find their polling location, and more. For more information, visit slce.uic.edu
Revelry: UIC’s Annual Carnival | September 28-30
Join us for Revelry, UIC’s annual carnival! Food and game tickets can be purchased separately. Three days of fun, food, and festivities during Weeks of Welcome! NO registration or RSVP Required! Don’t forget to invite all of your friends and family! For more information, visit go.uic.edu/revelry2018
UIC Students $10 (unlimited rides)
Faculty, Staff, Alumni, & Public – $30 ( unlimited rides)
- Friday, September 28, 2018 1:00pm – 10:00pm
- Saturday, September 29, 2018 1:00pm – 10:00pm
- Saturday, September 30, 2018 1:00pm – 8:00pm
- Location: UIC Parking Lot 6 [Corner of Halsted Street & Roosevelt Road]
UIC Family Weekend | September 28-30
You and your family are cordially invited to attend UIC Family Weekend, which is an opportunity for students and their families to come together on the UIC campus! Families will discover more about life at UIC by participating in family-oriented events and activities including but not limited to Revelry Carnival activities, bowling, brunches, and UIC Theatre performances and dessert receptions. UIC Family Weekend is no charge for students and their families.
To find more information about Family Weekend events, please visit: go.uic.edu/familyweekend
To register yourself and any family members or guests, please visit http://go.uic.edu/UICFamily
Take the Pledge | All IN Campus Democracy Challenge
UIC was recognized as the “Most Engaged Campus” in the All IN Campus Democracy Challenge, a nationwide nonpartisan program dedicated to increasing voting rates among college students. Help our campus get recognized once again by taking the pledge to vote: I’M ALL IN: Take the Pledge
Register to Vote & Sign Up for Election Notifications
Election Day is November 6
If you have not yet registered to vote, sign up for TurboVote at vote.uic.edu and you will be directed through the online registration process, or receive a completed registration form with a pre-addressed stamped envelope if your state does not have an online process. If you are a resident of Illinois, you are in luck – you can register online until October 21, 2018. If you are already registered to vote, you can also sign up for TurboVote at vote.uic.edu to receive text and email reminders. Stay up to date with early-voting/election day reminders, along with polling place notifications.
Every Friday is Flames Friday. Wear UIC apparel or colors to show your Flames spirit! Tag us [@UICCSI and #FlamesFriday] in your social media on Friday and win free tickets to the Blackhawks and White Sox games.