Training and Workshops
The Office for Advising Development, in partnership with advising unit directors and deans, is in continuous development of training and workshops for advisors on campus. There are standardized ongoing trainings that are offered at different times of the year, but individual advisors and advising units can also customize training for their own unit.
Ongoing Training and Workshops Heading link
Check back for a full list of training and workshop topics for 2022 – 2023, but a highlight of offerings in training and workshops for current advisors are:
- Financial Aid trainings and updates offered by the Office of Student Financial Aid and Scholarships
- “Non-Cognitive Profile Training” offered by OAD on behalf of the UIC Non-Cognitive Profiles Training Initiative
- “Academic SAP Program and COVID-19 Remediation Eligibility” offered by OAD
- iAdvise Trainings and Open Hours offered by OAD
- “UIC Class Scheduler Overview” offered by the Office of Student Systems Services
- “Title IX and Pregnancy Accommodations” offered by Matt Walsh from the Office of Access and Equity
- “Study Abroad Workshop for Advisors” offered by Kyle Rausch and his staff from the UIC Study Abroad Office
- “Disability Resource Center and Advising” brown bag offered by the Disability Resource Center Staff
Customized Training Heading link
In addition to training and workshops offered or sponsored by OAD at set dates and times throughout the year, the OAD also customizes trainings for individual units and individuals upon request.
Trainings organized by OAD can cover a wide range of topics. To assist units and individuals interested in a customized training option, a general list of training topics is downloadable for reference.
For more information on training customized to your needs, please contact Josephine Volpe, Director of the Office for Advising Development at firstname.lastname@example.org.