2018 – 2019 Advising Summits
Our 2018 - 2019 Advising Summits were held on Friday, October 5th (Fall 2018) and Friday, February 22nd (Spring 2019). We are continuing our initiative to provide essential news and information to advisors. We want to connect them with programs and units around campus that are serving students through their varied identities and affiliations continues with highlighting units that our advisors have requested.
Spring 2019 Advising Summit
Our Spring 2019 Advising Summit was held on Friday, February 22nd and continued our pursuit to provide updated essential information including updates on our integrated planning and advising system (iAdvise), financial aid and summer session, a new exciting minor in the area of biomedical visualization, and a continuation of learning about our students with a presentation on retention.
- Summit Agenda
- Financial Aid Update (Kiely Fletcher)
- Life Science Visualization Minor (Sam Bond)
- Student Success – Data on Retention (Nikos Varelas)
- iAdvise Update (Josephine Volpe)
We had a great time at our the basketball game – go Flames!
Fall 2018 Advising Summit
Our Fall 2018 Advising Summit was held on October 5, 2018 and featured a range of information for advisors including a new International Internships initiative, an introduction to the new NACADA Core Competencies, information on the UIC recruitment and enrollment landscape, and information and case studies on advising Asian American students.
- Summit Agenda
- International Internships (Melissa Martinez, Diplomat-in-Residence and Neal McCrillis, Global Engagement)
UIC Recruitment and Enrollment Landscape (Oscar Rodriguez, Academic and Enrollment Services)
- NACADA Core Competencies Model and Personal Assessment (Josephine Volpe, OAD)
- Advising Asian American Students (Cori Kodama and Hideaki Noguchi)