2016 – 2017 Advising Summits
For the 2016-2017 year our goals are to provide essential news and information to advisors and connect them with programs and units around campus that are serving students through their varied identities and affiliations continues with highlighting units that our advisors have requested.
Spring 2017 Advising Summit
Our Spring 2017 Advising Summit was held on February 17, 2017 and featured presentations on our students from the Office of Institutional Research, a panel of Summer College program coordinators, discussion about UIC’s Finish in Four campaign for on-time graduation, and resources for UIC students.
- Summit Agenda
- Presentation – OIR Overview of UIC Students
- Summer College & Advising
- Finish in Four
- Resources for UIC Students Presentation and Information Sheet
- Announcement – Nutrition Major Info for Pre-Med Students
We thank all of our presenters and advisors for their lively discussion and we look forward to the rest of the year and further discussion.
Fall 2016 Advising Summit
Our Fall 2016 Advising Summit focused on LAS Pre-Professional Advising and its new structure and initiatives, and campus unit updates from a range of offices. Our Fall 2016 Summit was held on September 29, 2016.
The agenda and presentations from our speakers our downloadable:
- Summit Agenda
- Presentation – LAS Pre-Professional Advising (Misty Huacuja-LaPointe, LAS Pre-Professional Advising)
- Preferred First Name (Robert Dixon, Registrar)
- CIEE Global Institutes and Study Abroad for UIC Students (Chris Deegan, Study Abroad Office)
- Invitation to Summer Session Advisor Appreciation Lunch (Natalie Kokorudz, Summer Session)
- Campus Housing Refer-a-Friend Program (Nick Ardinger, Campus Housing)
- College of Business Administration Minors (Diana Soriano)
- NACADA Region V – Call for Readers (Diana Soriano)
- Case Studies
The Advising Summit Planning Team will be following up on discussions at the Summit and please let us know if you have questions!