PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT: Banner 9 Upgrade – Email Update #6
This is the sixth email in a series to prepare you for the Banner 9 upgrade. If you miss or delete an email, a PDF of all of the email communications are on the Office of Student Systems Services website (osss.uic.edu) on the Banner 9 tab.
Banner 9 implementation is Sunday October 14, 2018. The Banner system will be down from 6:00 am to 6:00 pm. for the upgrade. After 6:00 pm Sunday, we will be using Banner 9. This is your last chance to prepare for the upgrade on Sunday.
What do you need to do this week to prepare for Banner 9?
Time has run out. There are only two days left before the upgrade. You need to log into the playground this week and make sure you can perform your daily tasks.
This week log into the Banner 9 playground that AITS has set up. The URL is https://www.aits.uillinois.edu/cms/One.aspx?portalId=558&pageId=941949
- You need to practice accessing all of the forms that you use in Banner 9.
- You should be able to update and save records on any form that you use without a cheat sheet. Practice doing the updates without using a cheat sheet.
- Remember that there are step by step instructions on the OSSS website (osss.uic.edu). Click on the Banner 9 tab.
- Practice the navigation functions and review the tools menu. See the weekly tips for more information.
This week's tips:
- One of the major changes with Banner 9 is navigation. There is a navigation bar on the left for searching for forms, going back to the home page, help, etc.
- The tools menu on the right hand side of the page has various functions. For instance, clear record, other options related to the page that you are on and Banner Document Management functions.
What are we doing to help with this transition?
- The OSSS website (osss.uic.edu) has been updated to include Banner 9 information. All of the documents have been updated for Banner 9. There are documents for the various college and department processes.
- A reminder that training will be conducted for the following areas:
- Schedule Planners: In October there is training for all of the schedule planners. To register for training please log into the portal https://my.uic.edu . At the bottom of the Welcome page, click on OSSS applications. Click on OSSS Training to sign up for training. We will be adding additional sections next week.
- SZACURU: College staff who make curriculum changes will have a training/overview session(s) after the October 14th go live. To register for training please log into the portal https://my.uic.edu . At the bottom of the Welcome page, click on OSSS applications. Click on OSSS Training to sign up for training.
- Graduation Processing: College staff who process graduation applications for students will be offered training/overview sessions in November. An email to sign up through the portal (my.uic.edu) will be sent in late October.
OSSS will be sending a final email next week after go live. You should spend at least an hour per week learning about Banner 9 to prepare for the October 14th go live date.
Please let me know if there are any questions.
Office of Student Systems Services