FOR ADVISORS’ INFORMATION: LAS Fall 2016 Sophomore Success Initiative
The LAS Academic Advising Center is excited to inform all campus advisors of our Fall 2016 Sophomore Success initiative. In an effort to help our students connect more quickly with their academic departments, or to provide support if they are truly undecided, all LAS sophomores (specifically, students who were new first-year students in Fall 1015) will be required to participate in one of the following in order to register for the Spring 2017 term:
- Departmental Individual Advising appointment
- Departmental Group Advising
- Finding Your Fit in an LAS Major workshop
- General Individual Advising appointment (if pursuing a “Teaching of” degree or interested in an intercollege transfer out of LAS)
Additional important notes:
- Holds will not be lifted until students have completed one of the above options.
- The Sophomore Success group advising and workshop schedule is available in the LAS advising portal (student.las.uic.edu) of students for whom it’s required, and takes place during Weeks 3-8. Seats are limited, so students should choose quickly, and reschedule if they’re not able to attend the session for which they have RSVPed.
- Sophomores who are registered for Fall 2016 have already been notified of the Sophomore Success initiative via email from LASadvising@uic.edu, their general/assigned advisor, and their departmental advisor(s), if declared in a major.
Please contact Sandi Hall (email@example.com) if you have any questions. Thank you, in advance, for your support of this effort!