Intercollege Transfer Information Sessions
Upcoming information sessions
Inter-college Transfer Information Sessions RSVPs are done through iAdvise
Current UIC students who are interested in enrolling into the College of Education (EDUC) through an Intercollege Transfer are required to meet the following criteria:
- HDL Major – minimum cumulative GPA (UIC and transfer) of 2.0
- Urban Education Major – minimum cumulative GPA (UIC and transfer) of 2.50
Before submitting an Inter-College Transfer Application, consult with your currently assigned Academic Advisor to ensure that transferring to the College of Education is in your best interest. We also encourage you to attend an Education Inter-College Transfer Information Session to learn more about the requirements and offerings of the College of Education.
It is recommended that a student take the following action prior to the submission of the Inter-College Transfer Application:
- Consult with their current Academic Advisor to ensure that transferring is in the student’s best interest.
- Run a hypothetical what-if uAchieve degree audit of the intended major to plan for pre-requisites or potential barriers. You can find this using your my.uic.edu student portal.
- Attend a College of Education Inter-College Transfer Information Session to learn more about the requirements.
Dates for the upcoming EDUC ICT Sessions for Spring 2021:
HDL Information Sessions
- February 17, 2021 at 2:00pm via iAdvise
- March 17, 2021 at 2:00pm via iAdvise
- April 21, 20201at 2:00pm via iAdvise
Urban Education Information Sessions
- February 17, 2021 at 2:30pm via iAdvise
- March 17, 2021 at 2:30pm via iAdvise
- April 21, 20201at 2:30pm via iAdvise
ICT applications are NOT reviewed on a rolling basis; all applications will be reviewed after final grades are posted for the semester, after December 15th in Fall semesters and after May 15th during Spring semesters.
You must be an official student admitted to the college in order to receive a degree from the College of Education. Completion of the curriculum does not grant you automatic admission to the college, nor does it make you eligible for an education degree.
College of Education Academic Advisors are not currently taking individual appointments for students not enrolled in a College of Education major. Please schedule for an information session via iAdvise.