PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT: ILACADA Annual Conference 9/21 at UIS – Charlie Nutt is the keynote speaker!
OAD will be providing transportation to Springfield for the conference! It will be a great chance to attend this one day conference – we’ll leave very early from UIC and return in the evening of the same day. Closer to September, an RSVP will be opened. For questions and information on potential support for conference fees, please contact Joey at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ILACADA HAS NEWS FOR YOU –
The Annual ILACADA Conference will be held on September 21, 2018 at University of Illinois Springfield and Charlie Nutt, Executive Director of NACADA is the keynote speaker! The theme for this year’s conference is Lights, Camera, Action: Award Worthy Advising. Submissions on any and all topics are welcome, but topics focused on the conference theme are preferred.
- Proposal submissions deadline EXTENDED – due by July 15, 2018
- All potential presenters will be notified of their proposal status by August 3rd.
- Click here for more information and to submit your proposal.
Conference registration is also now available, visit the conference registration page.
ILACADA Call for Submissions: Outstanding Advising Awards
The Outstanding Advising Awards annually recognizes ILACADA members serving in primary advising roles and administrative roles who have demonstrated outstanding qualities in academic advising. Winners will receive complimentary registration to the Annual Conference, a one year membership to ILACADA, a check for $250 for professional development, and serve on the ILACADA awards committee for the following year.
Deadline to apply: July 15, 2018. Notifications to recipients by August 1, 2018. Click here to apply. For questions specific to the awards, please contact Shelley Price-Williams, PhD at email@example.com.
Please see guidelines for each nomination category below:
- Academic Advising, Primary Role: Individuals whose primary role at the institution is the direct delivery of advising services to students. Any individual serving as an academic advisor and employed by a regionally accredited post-secondary institution may be nominated.
- Academic Advising Administrator: Individuals who may provide direct academic advising services but whose primary responsibility is as an administrator or director of an academic advising program. Any individual serving as an advising administrator and employed by a regionally accredited post-secondary institution may be nominated.
- ILACADA Emerging Leaders/Graduate Student Award: ILACADA Emerging Leaders/Graduate Student Award recognizes graduate students who are our Emerging Leaders in the field of higher education with specific interests in academic advising. All recipients will be recognized at the Annual Conference. This scholarship provides graduate students pursuing a degree in a related field with an interest in academic advising an opportunity to attend the ILACADA annual conference. Students should be nominated through their institution. Candidates must be a current graduate student and ILACADA member. The individual selected will receive a complimentary one year ILACADA membership and conference registration at the student rate. By accepting the award the individual agrees to submit a statement consisting of 500 words or less on your experience at this year’s ILACADA conference and serve on the ILACADA scholarship awards committee for the following year.