PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT: More Advisor Week pics and documents available online – Poster without the Poster Handouts available!
This week we’ve added documents from Poster without the Poster table discussions and Advisor Conference!
Did you miss Advisor Week events? Did you want to pick up one of the flyers you missed getting a copy of or want it electronically? Looking to review some slides you saw one of our presenters show?
We’re continuing to upload documents and slides as our presenters provide them, but we’ve got a number online in the schedule of events and links are also below:
- POSTER WITHOUT THE POSTER – Discussion Table Event – Table Discussions GUIDE and Individual Table Handouts (where applicable per table discussion)!
- “Social Media and Advising” Tuesday/Thursday Topics Advisor Common Reading Article – Academic Advising via Facebook: Examining Student Help Seeking
- ADVISOR CONFERENCE – “It Takes a Village: Building momentum for students to seek career advising earlier in their UIC careers” Melissa (Missy) Frazin, Office of Career Services – Presentation Slides
- ADVISOR CONFERENCE – “Increasing Student Engagement” R. Joy Vergara, Center for Student Involvement – Presentation Materials and Readings
- ADVISOR CONFERENCE – “If They Were in Charge: How Transfer Students Would Change Orientation and Engagement” Ashley Stone (AAAN) and Missy Frazin (Office of Career Services) – PRESENTATION SLIDES and HANDOUT VERSION
- ADVISOR CONFERENCE – “Express Reads: Radical Candor” Presenter: Nick Ardinger, Campus Housing – Presentation and Handout Version
- “Re-visiting Optimizing Impact: Office of External Fellowships” Kim Germain, Office of External Fellowships – Presentation
- “New Advisors/Wiz of Oz” Tuesday/Thursday Topics Advisor Common Reading Article – Academic Advisors and The Wizard of Oz
- ORSS LECTURE SERIES – “Housing Students: What do we know? What can we know?” Nick Ardinger, Campus Housing – Presentation and Handout Version
- NACADA Webinar Viewing “Building an Advisor Competency: Conceptual Understanding Component” – Webinar Slides and Discussion Packet
Watch for the handouts from table discussions at our Poster without the Poster session to be available next week! Attendees will also be getting emails regarding some of the sessions.
We are looking forward to beginning to plan our Seventh Annual Advisor Week and your feedback on this year’s Advisor Week is welcomed!