SHARE WITH STUDENTS: New Summer Research Opportunity – UIC Health Professions Navigator’s Research Training and Career Development
PLEASE SHARE WITH YOUR STUDENTS! You can download our flyer that provides this information and a link to the program application: https://uofi.uic.edu/fb/sec/1482136.
The Research Training and Career Development Program (RTCP) is part of the University of Illinois at Chicago Health Professions Navigator. It is an intensive eight-week (8) summer program for highly motivated undergraduate and graduate students who are interested in exploring potential careers in the health sciences, and to familiarize them with biomedical research and practice opportunities.
Participants will be exposed to issues related to health disparities and health equity, and the impact these have on patient care, health promotion, and prevention. They will also engage in a three-day orientation to enhance their professional skills and acclimate them to a research setting. Additionally, program participants will be offered workshops and activities designed to guide them through the admissions process for graduate or professional school.
Program participants will receive a stipend, and University housing will be available for those who may need summer housing. Please note that housing fees will be deducted from individual stipends.
The Research Training and Career Development Program (RTCP) is a collaboration by the College of Medicine, the School of Public Health, the College of Dentistry, the Center for Clinical Translational Science, and the UIC Bridges to Baccalaureate Program. It is sponsored by the Health Career Opportunity Grant #D18HP29044
- Undergraduate and graduate students interested in pursuing careers in the health sciences are eligible to apply to and participate in RTCP.
- Applicants must have a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 3.0.
- Applicants must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident to participate in this program.
To be considered complete, application packets must include the following:
- A current resume or CV.
- One recommendation letter from a current advisor, college professor, or counselor.
- Transcripts from ALLundergraduate or graduate institutions attended. Transcripts may be official or unofficial, and can be uploaded at the end of this application.
Program Dates and Deadlines
- Application packet deadline:Monday, March 14, 2016
- Notification of admission decisions: Early April
- Start of summer program:Wednesday, June 1, 2016
- End of summer program and final presentations:Friday, July 29, 2016
Program Contact Information
For questions or concerns please contact Kimberly Johnson, Project Manager of the Health Professions Navigator, at: