PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT: NACADA Region 5 Conference (3/15 – 3/17) – early bird registration ends 2/14!
Greetings Region 5!
Can you believe we are just a little over a month away from the 2017 Region 5 Conference! Our committee is busy with last minute details but we wanted to give you and update and provide you with some reminders as you make your travel plans to join us in Rosemont at the Crowne Plaza Hotel and Convention Center March 15-17!
The hotel is located in the MB Financial Park at Rosemont which is a 200,000 square foot entertainment and dining complex with upscale dining, live music, comedy, bowling and more! This area is located near O’Hare International Airport and is a 20 minute drive from the Chicago loop. The area is a quick walk from the CTA Blue Line Rosemont Station. For more information about the area visit, dining and entertainment options, and for more information go here: http://www.rosemont.com/places-to-go/guidebook/ .
Registration early bird deadline for both the conference and the hotel is February 14th!
o Hotel Information When making your room reservation, be sure you indicate NACADA hotel block to qualify for the 5.00 overnight parking rate.
- If you are planning to attend a preconference session, you can do that on your registration form. If you have already registered for the conference, contact the NACADA Executive Office at 785-532-5717 for assistance with adding it on to your existing registration.
- Conference sessions are all set! For the lineup, access the schedule online.
- Are you interested in serving as a volunteer? The success of our conference depends upon the volunteers that help make it run smoothly. To volunteer, go here: http://go.illinois.edu/region5volunteer for more information about volunteering
please contact Jenni Kotowski at 217-244-4324 or email@example.com
- Expect to see some NACADA leaders while you are at the conference! The NACADA President, Dana Zahorik, Former Region 5 Chair and NACADA Board member, Brody Broshears, NACADA Board Member Shannon Burton, and Jennifer Joslin from the NACADA Executive Office are all planning to attend!
- We still have a few slots open for Mentors if you are interested in participating in the Region 5 Conference Mentoring Program! If interested, contact Miichela Buccini at Michela.Buccini@uc.edu
The 2017 Region 5 Planning Committee hopes to see you in Rosemont!