The LAS Academic Advising Center is excited to inform all campus advisors of our Fall 2017 Sophomore Success advising. In an effort to help our students connect more quickly with their academic departments, or to provide support if they are truly undecided, all LAS sophomores (specifically, students who were new first-year students in Fall 2016) will be required to participate in one of the following in order to register for the Spring 2018 term:
- Departmental Group Advising
- Departmental Individual Advising appointment
- Major Exploration offerings
- General Individual Advising appointment (if pursuing a “Teaching of” degree or interested in an intercollege transfer out of LAS)
Additional important notes:
- The Sophomore Success group advising and major exploration offerings schedule is available in the LAS advising portal (student.las.uic.edu) of students for whom it’s required, and takes place during Weeks 3-10. Seats are limited, so students should choose quickly, and reschedule if they’re not able to attend the session for which they have RSVPed.
- Holds will not be lifted until students have completed one of the above options.
- Sophomores who are registered for Fall 2017 have already been notified of the Sophomore Success initiative via email from LASadvising@uic.edu, and may also have been notified via email from their general/assigned advisor, and their departmental advisor(s), if declared in a major.
Please contact Sandi Hall (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any questions. Thank you, in advance, for your support of this effort!