1. PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT – UARC sponsored training “Know Your IX: Essentials for Advisors – Sexual Misconduct, Title IX, and CLERY Training for Advisors” from Rebecca Gordon of OAE on June 17th.
2. FOR YOUR INFORMATION— New 2015 – 2017 Undergraduate Catalog is live online.
3. FOR YOUR INFORMATION – New minor in Museum and Exhibition Studies offered by CADA. Open to all undergraduates.
4. SHARE WITH NEW TRANSFER STUDENTS – UIC Transfer Merit and Phi Theta Kappa transfer scholarships are now live.
5. Advising Weekly Updates Announcement/Event guidelines and submission web form available.
1. PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT – UARC sponsored training “Know Your IX: Essentials for Advisors – Sexual Misconduct, Title IX, and CLERY Training for Advisors” from Rebecca Gordon of OAE on June 17th
Did you miss the sessions in April? If so, you have another chance to learn about Title IX on June 17th.
The Undergraduate Advising Resource Center is pleased to sponsor a training from Rebecca Gordon from the Office of Access and Equity related to advisors’ role in UIC’s compliance with Title IX:
Did you know over 90 schools are being investigated for violations in their response to sexual violence? This workshop will cover Title IX compliance and your central role in assisting survivors of sexual and interpersonal violence. You will learn what rights students have and interventions that can be taken to facilitate their academic success. This workshop will be interactive, use scenarios and skill building techniques to prepare you for providing critical information and a supportive response.
June 17, 2015
10:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
205 Grant Hall (GH)
Please RSVP at http://go.uic.edu/knowyourixrsvp by June 12th. We have limited seats available.
2. FOR YOUR INFORMATION—New 2015 – 2017 Undergraduate Catalog is live online.
The 2015-2017 Undergraduate Catalog is now live at catalog.uic.edu/ucat. Please note that the URL has changed, so any websites linking to the catalog will need to be updated. You should be able to generate a PDF of any pages using the Print/Download Options button on the navigation bar. The PDF of the entire catalog will be available in mid-late June.
3. FOR YOUR INFORMATION – New minor in Museum and Exhibition Studies offered by CADA. Open to all students.
Effective Fall 2015, The College of Architecture, Design, and the Arts will offer a new minor in Museum and Exhibition Studies. The minor is open to undergraduates in any college. Information and requirements about the minor are included in the 2015-2017 Undergraduate Catalog: http://catalog.uic.edu/ucat/colleges-depts/architecture-design-arts/art-ah/minor-mes/.
4. SHARE WITH STUDENTS—UIC Transfer Merit and Phi Theta Kappa transfer scholarships are now live.
The applications for the UIC Transfer Merit and Phi Theta Kappa transfer scholarships are now live. Students can access them through the links below. The deadline for both awards is July 15, 2015. Please feel free to share this with students inquiring about the transfer scholarships.
PHI THETA KAPPA SCHOLARSHIP
The Honors College awards the Phi Theta Kappa Scholarship, a one-time, one-semester tuition waiver, to new Honors College transfer students. Transfer students to the college who are members of Phi Theta Kappa, the community college honor society, have a minimum of a 3.5 transfer GPA, and are enrolled for at least 12 credit hours during the fall term are eligible to apply. Transfer students must be in their first semester at UIC in fall 2015 to be eligible. This scholarship is competitive and not all eligible students will receive an award. The application can be submitted online at https://uofi.uic.edu/fb/sec/160926.
TRANSFER MERIT TUITION AWARD
The UIC Transfer Merit Tuition Awards are given on a competitive basis to new transfer students each fall. Applicants must be enrolled in a baccalaureate degree program, have a minimum transfer GPA of 3.25 on a minimum of 45 transfer credits, and be enrolled for at least 12 credit hours. A written statement outlining your educational and career goals and how you have financed your education thus far and a copy of financial aid awards statement should be submitted along with a completed application. Transfer students must be in their first semester at UIC in fall 2015 to be eligible. This scholarship is competitive and not all eligible students will receive an award. The application can be submitted online https://uofi.uic.edu/fb/sec/564904.
Please direct questions to the Office of Special Scholarship Programs at email@example.com.
5. UARC ADVISING WEEKLY UPDATES Web Submissions
The UARC Weekly Update Subcommittee is pleased to provide you with an easier way to submit your news/announcements and upcoming events so that UARC can share them with advisors. UARC Advising Weekly Updates will normally be sent on Fridays each week (although more frequently if the need allows), so please keep that in mind as you plan to advertise your events or share your news with the advising community. To submit an update, please use the UARC Weekly Update Request web form at http://go.uic.edu/uarcweeklyupdaterequest. Please direct questions to either Nick Ardinger (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Joey Volpe (email@example.com).
ADVISING WEEKLY UPDATES are intended to provide information for advisors regarding information, events, and programs that can be distributed to students and throughout the advising community.